Unsurpassed accommodation and facilities on Horn Island are located
at the Gateway Torres Strait Resort, only a 5 minute walk from the
The resort has 22 self contained, air conditioned rooms each with
its own private veranda area. Every room has a double and single
bed, television, free in house movies, ceiling fans, hair dryer
and large fridge. Cooking facilities are provided for via microwave,
sandwhich maker, electric frypan, toaster and tea/coffee making
facilities. There are also rooms available that can accommodate
The Resort has an inground salt water swimming pool, outdoor entertainment
area complete with Juke box, pool tables and dart board. There is
no better way to unwind after a day of exploring, than to enjoy
a beer or wine beside the pool. The resort is also home to the largest
collection of Torres Strait history, the Torres Strait Heritage
Museum. Browse the museum at your leisure, and enjoy the history,
artwork, myths and legends and wartime memorabilia.
Complimenting the resort is the liscenced restaurant featuring
different themed nights and a well stocked bar.
Tarrifs include return airport transfers and a daily buffet breakfast.
These prices are based on a nightly and per person basis.
Our friendly staff can arrange a variety of tours which include
* 4wd tours of Cape York.
- Fishing trips from a few hours to a few days.
- Boating ventures to other islands, including snorkling adventures.
- Aerial sightseeing, either in a helicopter or light aircraft.
- 'Garrison Town tour' of Thursday Island.
- 'Forgotten Isle tour' of Horn Island.
- A tour of a working pearl farm.
- Any suggestions can usually be arranged.